Covelli Cares is Covelli Enterprises’ promise to strengthen and improve lives in the communities it serves, whether through community donations, corporate giving, fundraising promotions, partnerships with local non-profit organizations, or through local volunteer activities. 100% of all donations to Covelli Cares will benefit non-profit partners in the communities Covelli Enterprises serves.
“I am so grateful to have been able to build a company that has enjoyed incredible success. I feel strongly that it is our obligation to give back as much as we can. It’s just part of who we are.” – Sam Covelli, CEO of Covelli Enterprises
- Covelli Enterprises works with many non-profit organizations to create cause campaigns designed to fundraise to meet various community needs.
- We have major corporate-wide campaigns devoted to raising funds for autism and breast cancer organizations. The funds from our annual Pieces of Hope for Autism cookie campaign have exceeded $1.5 million. The events devoted to breast cancer, including the Pink Ribbon Bagel sales and the annual Youngstown Panerathon, have raised more than $3.5 million. Other common causes we support include animal shelters, heart organizations and hospitals. Covelli has formed strategic alliances with numerous local organizations to help raise funds to make a true difference where we work and live.
- Please visit our Charity Partner List page to see a full list of the organizations we support, and be sure to read some of the stories about our work in the community in our Blog.
- To inquire about a potential large-scale partnership with our organization, please visit the Contact page and send an email including the market in which you are located and information about your organization for our consideration.
- Covelli Enterprises places canisters at its registers to benefit various non-profit organizations. Non-profits serving people in the communities where Covelli-owned Panera Bread bakery-cafés are located may apply to have their charity selected for this type of in-store fundraising.
- To inquire about becoming a Community Breadbox™ recipient, please visit the Contact page and send an email including the market in which you are located and information about your organization for our consideration.
- At the end of each day, our bakery-cafes donate all unsold bread and baked goods to local hunger relief agencies and charities. Covelli Enterprises donated more than $30 million in food in 2017 to help feed the hungry through the Day-End Dough-Nation® program.
- To apply for this program, please click here.
- Covelli Enterprises strives to be a good neighbor and corporate citizen by supporting local events with in-kind donations of food, auction items, or coupons.
- To request food, auction items, or coupons for your non-profit’s event, please click here.
- Covelli Enterprises plans its large community sponsorship support a year in advance.
- To inquire about event sponsorships for the upcoming year, please visit the Contact page and send us a detailed message about your event including where you event will be held, when it is, how many people will be involved, what type of sponsorship you are seeking and what type of marketing opportunities are included.
- Covelli Enterprises employees are encouraged to get involved in the local community by volunteering. Many employees volunteer their time to feed the hungry, mentor children, or support community events.
- To reach out with a volunteer opportunity for our employees, please visit the Contact page and send an email including the market in which you are located, information about your organization, and details of event for which you are requesting volunteers.